Thursday, May 18, 2017

a tale of two ראשי ישיבה














What follows in this week's Mishpacha magazine is the usual "pick a city and insert Yeshiva's name here. How such-and-such mande such-and-such city into an oasis of Torah." [I should know. It's tough putting out riveting material every week.] So I didn't really bother reading the article, although there were some cute pictures there. The thing is, he (RYMK of Denver) does smile in many of the later pictures! But for some reason this is what they chose to put at the forefront. I guess it makes for a good read bait. I guess Rabbi Wasserman (left) was the one you went to if you wanted to go home or go lie down in middle of seder.

Am I scraping the bottom of the barrel here? Maybe.





12 comments:

sanzer said...

"if you wanted to go home or go lie down in middle of seder."

Is that what they did in your yeshiva?

Yanke's Doodles said...


A tale by two tattlers.

Anonymous said...

Yes you are. I guess you have your eye even ay yeshivas not for mitzuyanim.

עז מתוק said...

"I guess you have your eye.."

רמב"ן: "ואשימה עיני עליו" - אמר רבי אברהם הטעם שאראה אותו ולא מצאתי בכתוב "שימת עין על הראיה בלבד"? ושמתי עיני עליהם 'לטובה' (ירמיהו כד ו) קחנו ועינך שים עליו ואל תעש לו מאומה 'רע' (שם לט יב) כי לא צוה אותו שיראנו אחר שיקחנו אלא שישמור אותו "ויטיב לו".. ע"כ -בראשית מ"ד כא

fact checker said...

who owns this 2 faces?

The humble me said...

I haven't read the articles yet, but as a friendly reminder hate got us where we are, especially now in the days of sefira please refrain.

Abraham Lincoln said...


If I were two-faced, would I be wearing this one?

Stewart W. said...

I don't know who this RYMK is let him rest in peace, But I was residing in Denver for a while, and dwelled in the overflowing local shul there, it was a surprise to find such a "live" real kehila the learned with an ecstasy to be envious of, and there was some rebetzen from Lakewood her fame became renowned, In short a rare find in the peripheral of NY Yiddishkeit.

Anonymous said...

http://www.pulseheadlines.com/chagas-disease-deadlier-previously-thought/63372/

chagas warning

סאוואראנער said...

These are just Rosh Yeshivos who taught Torah, nothing really important. Ahavas Yisroel is way more important, so we can hate those who don't look like us

anonymous said...


.חש שמח

anonymous said...


.חג שמח