Tuesday, December 5, 2006

With whom do I speak?


Thanks to Hasidic Rebbele for the cartoon

The blog has picked it up a notch these last few weeks, mainly since TA was kind enough to link to a Post by the Neo-Tzig, and then again after the unfortunate incident in 770 two weeks ago. However, I've noticed, that save for a few select bloggers the majority of the activity here happens only when Snags and politics are discussed, and more so when dirty laundry is aired or a Chabad Rabbi criticized. There have been times when a story does get attention, but even then it often stems from a tangential turn the story takes.

We then have people that comment only a very particular issue. They're history buffs and such and they only comment when an historical question is raised. I understand the reason to comment then, but have they no other interests? Can nothing else be discussed here? Sometimes a guy can work for parts of 2 and 3 days till he puts together and perfects a thread, and to his dismay he gets only 6 or 7 comments! There's almost no worse feeling in the world. I don't mean to complain, after all; nobody's forced you to comment, and people have been very kind. I'm just venting a bit, it's way overdue for me.

א גוטן תמיד

הירשל ציג

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

no comment.

Anonymous said...

If the blog is not a mitzva and alternatively there is no consumer demand for your site, perhaps fold the endeavour, and find a real market for your time......

Hirshel Tzig - הירשל ציג said...

Tzib

my page reads "1 comments", that was a comment whether you like it or not.

Do I make you exhibit A?

Hirshel Tzig - הירשל ציג said...

abc

I'll take it up with the board of directors.

Anonymous said...

Who is TA? Can you provide a link to the page wher he linked you?

Mottel said...

Keep in mind:
Sadly people want trash. Politics sell, garbage sells . . . look at the top blogs on technorati and see what they're about. (Though I happen to hate most of the above)
Don't fret the small comments, I also love comments, but if I was in the Business of getting comments I'd have folded shop ages ago.
Just keep going.
We like you.

Anonymous said...

Ditto tzibaleh and abc

This counts as a comment, too

Hirshel Tzig - הירשל ציג said...

Chaim G

TA is Tzemach Atlas, curator of mentalblog

Mottel

Thanks for the warm words.

Shpy

what exactly are you "dittoing?"

Anonymous said...

OK Thanks, But where did he provide the link to your post? I'll be honest. As I contributed a number of comments there I'm interested to see if anyone commented on them on THAT blog.

BTW based on your URL isn't TA supposed to be dain blut sonei?

Hirshel Tzig - הירשל ציג said...

Chaim G
Here's the link to mentalblog

Blut Soyneh? Nah. We met last year in Boro Park and talked for a while. That helped us both

Anonymous said...

My personal opinion on this whole matter is quite simple. I don't comment much because i don't feel the need, but one simple question, why waste all that time - what is the point? Do you have that much time on your hands? Is any other aspect of your life suffering because of your devotion to the blog? Think about that!!

Anonymous said...

The mentalblog guy is a serious $##hole with mental issues, he is a mannic depressive who does not take his meds.That does not take away from the creative talent he has.

Milhouse said...

They say "if you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything". I don't agree with that, but I do obey a modified form: "if you have nothing at all to say, don't say anything". Hence no comment on subjects where I have nothing to say.

Hirshel Tzig - הירשל ציג said...

Milhouse

This OBVIOUSLY doesn't apply to you, a quick glance around this blog will attest to that.

Anonymous said...

Tzig, dont say that I am sure there are many out there that enjoy your blog as much as I do. Keep it up my man!

Anonymous said...

AW Shucks! No additional comments over at TA.

Maybe if you've declared a truce with TA you should consider a shinui hashem on your URL. I'm sure you know that there are antagonistic bloggers out there who accuse Charedi/OJ society of never having a positive agenda or plan and always defining themselfs by what they are not...what they oppose.