Thursday, January 12, 2017

Tuvia (from Tuvia's) at his sheva brochos
























I remember Reb Shmerel Karelitz (pictured here with the cigarette) from when he lived in Boro Park. He would daven in a local chassidishe shtiebel (השם שמור במערכת) and we looked at him a little odd. Because in our little minds all that was important was how you looked and dressed. And he looked a little different. We didn't know who he was. Wore a frock but like with patent leather shoes. Whatever. Strange what sticks in your head after all those years. Why am I speaking about that side note when it's supposed to be about Tuvia Rotberg, last of the Litvaks?

4 comments:

I. M. Pie said...

I may have something to say in the שמור במערכת part of the story, otherwise no comment.

Hirshel Tzig - הירשל ציג said...

זאג שוין

I. M. Pie said...

I may join aishK mussar talk haven't decided yet,

Alter Kletzker said...

Tuvia is not the last( he acts like it but its not so) we have his brother the rosh of mechon mishnas reb aron....