Saturday, February 16, 2013

הרב ר' ישראל יצחק פיעקארסקי ע"ה מוצש"ק תצוה



Rav Piekarski - a talmid of יח"ל and of the great Polish גאונים The Kozhiglover and Reb Avrume'le Weinberg - was Rosh Yeshiva of the Central Yeshiva Tomchei Tmimim - 770 and Rav of Khal Beis Yaakov in Forest Hills, Queens. why am I posting this now, when Parshas Tetzaveh is next week? Well, for one next Motz"Sh is Purim, in case you forgot. Also, שמא יקדמנו אחר. Which is sad. I shouldn't have to worry about things like that. I should have the freedom to post audio when I like to and when it's right and convenient.

3 comments:

Simcha Piekarski said...

Rav Piekarski was my father a"h. (I live in CH). Your short biography is mostly right except for one fact. My father did not learn in Chachmei Lublin. He was long married by the time CL started. He was however a Talmud of the Kozikliver rov in the twenties.(he was born in 1905). The Kozikliver Rov became rosh yeshiva of CL after the passing of Rav Meir Shapiro,hence the error.

moshe moshel said...

At what point in his life did he drop the Paylishe Rebbe of his youth and become a mekusher of Chabad.

Asking respectfully.

Hirshel Tzig - הירשל ציג said...

Moshe - the Peylishe Rebbes of his youth were dropped by Hitler... He saw the Rebbe as a replacement, at least in the Torah aspect of them, which was their entire being..