Monday, June 8, 2009

2 Hazmones...

The following is the invitation to the Bobower Rebbe's son, married last week in Brooklyn. The nusach is somewhat of a piece of real poetry; notice the play on words on the cover, where the date of Ches Sivan is gracefully intertwined with the concept of basking in the glow of the Tzaddik, despite the Posuk not actually referring to the Tzaddik, but to the Holy One, blessed be he.





It seems all the graphics and nusach people wanted in on the Brochos the Rebbe would surely bestow upon them on this, a very happy and momentous occasion, but they wouldn't have it. Baila Miriam - despite the work that she put in, was not allowed to have her name mentioned for all to see. At least not the Hamon Am; maybe the Rebbe did get to see that version and pray for them....Only Naftoli Zvi made the cut, and even his mother was left out...Thus is the fate of a Lubavitcher; he wants to look up the Yotzer and follow along with the invitation, but he hasn't one in his house! No Shavuos Machzor in the whole Tzig compound. I do have one in my childhood home, tucked away in my old room somewhere, but I never brought it with me, since I did not need it. I have my RH and YK Machzor haMeforash very prominently displayed with the other Machzorim, but no Sukkos, Pesach or Shavuos. A Lubavitcher goes from Yom Kippur to the seder Amiras Korban Pesach until he says something not in the regular davenen. Other than HaNeiros Halolu and Shoshanas Yaakov. Which is why I joined Lubavitch in the first place; the easy life, the getting drunk every day on Vodka, and the putting on teffilin with goyim and women too....Which means that next time I go home I need to find those machzorim and take them home with me.

14 comments:

Not Brisk said...

If you want to see real poetry, look at Igros Chazon Ish and the bruchoh he gave to R' Berel before his Chasuanh

Anonymous said...

Reb Berel? the griz son?

Anonymous said...

This reb benzion has his mind in katnus hamoichen, he wears a badge BOBOVER REBBE

Anonymous said...

An analogy of a Rebbe comparing himself to G-d.

Which Rebbe could that have been ???

yoshe kalb said...

I am sure you are aware that for tz'nius reasons all chassidim (with the exception of Lubavitch, of course) don't mention the names of the mechutenestes in their wedding invitations. Why not take it one step further and not mention the name of the kalloh?

Hirshel Tzig - הירשל ציג said...

Yoshe

1) In Lubavitch you still find where they do NOT mention the Mechuteniste's name. The fact that many do write it is - I think - because the printer puts it down, I don't think it's specifically a minhag to put it down.

2) Why then do they put the mother's name on the invite if l"a there is no father? Even when they write grandparents, which is not really important, then they also write the grandmother's name if she's an אלמנה

Anonymous said...

This is about you the blog editor. Since ,you became a lubavitcher and not born one ,you need periodic booster shots of chizuk lubavitch that you do not return to the chassidus you were born into.As long as you associate with non lubavitchers you will experience times that you want to return to the old chassidus.You probably will not post this.Talk to a senior lubavitcher about this.He will help you

Hirshel Tzig - הירשל ציג said...

Anonymous 9:39

Since you're a newbie let me fill you in on a little secret. I was not born into a Chassidus, there's nothing to "go back to."

I love when people predict what I will and won't post and then put their proverbial feet in their proverbial mouths.

Don't you?

Mottel said...

You put up that hazmona and not mine - the day after my wedding . . . I don't know . . .

Anonymous said...

Were you one of HARAV MENDEL VECHTER"S talmidim?Everyone has their set of minhagim which they follow?e.g. to eat gebrokts or not;usage of machine shmura matza;eating in the sukkah on shmini atzereth;whether to put on tefilin chol hamoed;standing or sitting by kiddush ;saying yotzer on shabbos and yomtov(either during shmonei esrah or etween borchu and shemonah esrai). We have to learn and not ridicule the various minhagim.

Hirshel Tzig - הירשל ציג said...

no, I'm a bit younger than his Talmidim, but I remember the story very well.

Nobody ridiculed anybody's minhogim here.

Anonymous said...

Everything is okay

bpunbound said...

Classic Tzig!

Thanks Hershel.

Lubavitcher piyut enthusiast said...

1) I don't see how the "basking in the glow" is being specifically taken to refer to the tzaddik. Why can't it mean Hashem?

2) You don't really need the machzor, only the front nusach is taken from there. The rest is regular padding.