Sunday, November 20, 2016

נפטר געווארען דער גרויסער מנגן ר' בנציון שענקער ע"ה

I too was lucky enough that my choshuv'e father zg"z raised us with Modzitzer nigunnim as well as Reb Ben Zion's own tapes. The ones he made in Eretz Yisroel on the cheap. And I try to pass that over to my children, as much as that's possible...I was surprised to see, however, that the levaya was not as well attended as it should be. But that's another story. I guess people didn't know or were just too busy. Agudah convention and all...I never did attend one of his זיצען, at least that I can remember. He has a great zechus and Modzitz probably owes their existence to him. Anyway, so we'll do what we try and do here at Circus Tent, we'll try and bring something unique. First two pictures of RBZS receiving a dollar from the Lubavitcher Rebbe זצוקללה"ה נבג"מ זי"ע on 2 Cheshvan 5751. Then we bring you 2 recordings - possibly unknown - of RBZS singing at different ocassions. I believe the Modzitzer Rebbe Reb Shmuel Elya (d. 5744) is also heard on the first second recording (named: Modzitz Fastag) as well as the baal menagen Fastag. Those who are a bissel bakant with Modzitzer Niggunim will recognize that some of the shtiklach that were composed - or at least recorded - for one piyut are interchanged here. One example is ובשופר גדול sung here for melava malka zemiros.


11 comments:

Anonymous said...

If anyone knows who is singing and what the nigunim are please comment

אלל'מעכטיגער ג-ט said...

"נפטר געווארען דער גרויסער מנגן"

גרויסער ג־ט!, דעמוטיגער ג־ט, נון- בוי דיין טעמפעל שירה. אללזאָ'שיר אין אללזא'באלד אין אונזערען טאגען שירה, יא שירה, נון-בוי נון- בוי, נון-בוי דיין טעמפעל שירה

!..לעבעדיגער ג-ט

! הלוית המת said...


ברוך דיין האמת: בארה"ב נפטר הלילה באופן פתאומי המשפיע החב"די הגה"ח אלימלך צוויבל ז"ל. בן 75. באמצע הלימוד בישיבת 'תומכי תמימים' חש ברע, שב לביתו ושם נפטר

גם חזן שענקער נפטר, אבל השטיקלעך שלו "קיימים" לע"ע

Kenosha Cadillac said...

I'm not inclined listening to cantors trying to create a feeling that the ונתנה תוקף being recited in my den tuesday morning and expecting it should create the same feeling as being recited by my local chazon in shul Yom tov, well I don't eat stake for breakfast or pouched eggs for dinner each has its time, if not than the emotions will confuse you and be rendered null. Although I did listen here to Shenker and he can be translucent and create a song of אל תירא עבדי יעקב that's semitransparent and could have a meaning to me other than what it really means like: "oh don't be afraid of the IRS" etc. Although years ago someone left a tape in my car and I must of hear a 100 times than it seemed to me that he did accomplish "artfully i guess" to transport my Tuesday commutes into Fridays evenings sometimes¿..

https://youtu.be/L4GJKqMsp04

Anonymous said...

Baruch Dayan Emes. May Hashem place his Neshama in a lofty place in Shamayim.

Anonymous said...

I remember him singing זדים החיצוני at the Rebbe's farbrengen in the 60s.

zanvel LA said...

I think this זדים ליצוני is a little lukewarm, couldn't find shakers but I tried.

zanvel LA said...

https://youtu.be/IgDk9f1KTTk

שהשלום שלו said...

!על ישראל שלום

https://youtu.be/Dg2iL7v1nHQ

Anonymous said...

Good article here too:
http://blogs.timesofisrael.com/thank-you-ben-zion-a-farewell-tribute-to-ben-zion-shenker/

AishKodesh said...

I think that perhaps it would be a good thing to revive the Mussar Movement. Who is with me?